Sunday, September 30, 2012

For my records...

You have been going through a really shy phase.  You get very overwhelmed when you are around other kids (you do fine with adults).  In the past two weeks I have seen you get much braver around other kids.  At our small group you used to sit on my lap the entire time and ask to go to the bathroom just to escape being around all of the kids.  Two weeks ago you briefly got off of my lap to grab toys and then promptly came back to sit with me.  This past week you played with the other kids the whole time!  Also at church you ran around and played happily with all of the other little kids with no concern about where Mom or Dad were.  I loved seeing you laugh and play with kids your age.

You went through a brief (though it seemed endless) stage of sleep troubles.  You did not want to be in your room by yourself, so any time that you woke up, we were up with you.  You had a lot of trouble falling asleep (it took hours on a lot of nights), and didn't sleep for very long.  You are finally coming out of that.  You had three nights where you didn't wake us at all even though we watched you put yourself back to sleep in the monitor.  Last night you did come into our room a couple of times, but I am hoping that that was just a fluke.  You go to sleep a lot easier too.  We sit in your room until you are asleep, but that only takes about 15 minutes instead of two hours. 

Your vocabulary is continuing to grow each day, and you love to learn new words.  Your annunciation has also gotten a lot better to the point where people other than me can understand you most of the time.

I would almost be so bold as to call you potty trained, and put you in underwear when we leave the house.  You stay dry almost all the time now, and even if you don't it is after you have told us that you had to go but we just couldn't find you a bathroom in time.  I am a bit nervous to make the switch to full time underwear, but I think that we will be there soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment