Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sleep, glorious sleep!

I am a a little hesitant to put this in writing for fear that I may jinx it, but here goes...Levi is no longer eating in the middle of the night!  For the longest time he would wake up between 3am and 4am to eat.  Since our doctor was concerned about his weight for a while I did not want to cut any feedings. Since his last appointment though, he got a thumbs-up for weight and she said to go ahead and try to night-wean him.  Technically I have not cut out any feedings, I have just started giving him a dream-feed before I go to bed instead of waiting for him to wake up a few hours later and ask for it.  It was a long and exhausting road to breaking this habit, but it was so worth it!  For about a week when he would wake up we would go in and comfort him, or offer him water, but he would still be awake for an hour and a half each time.  Then one glorious night, he slept.  He slept all night.  And he did it again the next night, and the night after that.  I think that now, with the exception of growth spurts and illnesses, I will finally be getting full nights of sleep!  Let's just hope that writing this down didn't ruin everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment