Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Natural? (Personal Ego Boost Documentation)

Random people keep telling me how I am a natural at being a mom.  They seem surprised that you are my first child, and that I am not freaking out about every little thing.  Even your doctor made a comment to me at your last appointment about how little I have called with concerns about you.  I actually have been surprised at how naturally motherhood came, and how I can understand your needs even though you can't talk and no one else has any clue what you need.  I don't necessarily feel like the most laid-back mom, but I try to remember that I can't control all circumstances that we are in, and that I can't protect you from every germ, chemical, and sickness if we are ever going to have a life.  I have also been lucky to have a good example in your Aunt Jenn.  She is a great mom, and has a very realistic attitude towards motherhood, so I am just copying her :-)
Mainly, I just wanted to have this documented because this is the first "job" that I have had that I love, feel passionate about, and that other people really think I am good at.

No comments:

Post a Comment