Friday, January 13, 2012

Sick :-(

You went a long, long time without getting really sick.  You were sick with a cough when you were two weeks old, and then were pretty much healthy up until yesterday.  I noticed that you were a little off while we were out shopping in the morning, and you felt really warm.  You were definitely not your normal, happy, social self.  By the time we got home and I took your temperature you had a fever of 103 degrees.  This is the first time in your life that you have had a fever (pretty good I'd say!) You had this look of complete misery on your face and had no energy at all (definitely out of character for you).  You were also throwing up every time you ate.  Doctor Maxouris said it was the stomach flu.  I had to give you pedialyte every 15 minutes all day and you are on a bland diet for a few days.  You got three lukewarm baths to lower your fever, and this at least allowed you some play time between naps.  This morning your fever is already gone and your happy disposition has returned.  I felt so bad for you yesterday while you struggled through this sickness, but I am glad to have you back to your old self today!

No comments:

Post a Comment